Thermostat message everyday

I configured a thermostat device which controlled my diy smart thermostat. The strange thing is that for the last few days I receive every morning, at the same time, a thermostat set command from the gateway which I do not know where it comes from. I haven’t used any schedule feature anywhere… Any ideas?

0 Likes

Only for the last few days?

Does this only happen for thermostats - or also for devices with OnOff traits or alike?
Which messages on which topics are sent? Could you check, whether something is sent on gBridge/ux/d0/grequest?

Unfortunately, due to European GPDR, it is hard for us to log data and monitory such behaviour.

Best regards
Peter

0 Likes

The problem is only with thermostat, at the same time every day. Nothing else is sent on gBridge/uxxx. I even changed the mqtt topic and the old topic continued to come. At the end I had to remove the thermostat from the configuration.

0 Likes

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue and currently investigating its possible causes.

I’m going to Inform you upon updates.

Regards,

1 Like

How have you configured MQTT? Are you sending messages with the Retained flag set?

0 Likes

I think I did sent with the retained flag set, yes.

0 Likes

You will have to delete the ‘stuck’ retained message, otherwise it will continue to be sent.
See https://www.hivemq.com/blog/mqtt-essentials-part-8-retained-messages/

0 Likes

I don’t think the problem is related to the retain flag. For example the retain message was set to “off” and the message coming from the gateway was “on”.

0 Likes

Any updates on this one?

0 Likes

Well, yes, somehow - but probably no updates you like.

I was evaluating monitoring data I’ve collected using a sample account - but these occasional thermostat messages have suddenly disappeared around two weeks ago?!

Is this something you can confirm?

0 Likes